Munich Citizen & Stakeholder Engagement
One main objective of this project is to mobilise citizens and stakeholders in the civic engagement process. It aims to inform residents and stakeholders about the Smarter Together process, to raise awareness and to transfer basic knowledge about the planned smart solutions.
Coordinator of all district communication, district management – local support in distribution of information
City of Munich
The project area has been an urban renewal area since 2012. With the funding of the programmes Aktive Zentren and Soziale Stadt it could build up trustful relations to local communities, citizens, businesspeople and institutions.
The communications aim at the following groups:
- Residents of the project area and other interested citizens
- Local business people, social and cultural initiatives and representatives of institutions in the project area
- Owners of real estate in the project area (mostly owner communities [WEGs])
- Local policy makers
- Opinion leaders & multipliers
- Project partners
- City of Munich executive employees
A communication strategy & branding shall be worked out and presented to local politicians, initiatives for feedback. The intention is to analyse the target group and the general feelings in the project area towards the project. Smarter Together shall make the information interesting to the target group. The communication needs to be an emotionally loaded experience and easy to understand.
From these branding values MGS and the partners will develop communication formats and offers (events). A cross-media distribution strategy is adopted to raise the maximum possible awareness and make sure that all the different target groups will be reached. Continuous communication activities are important throughout the whole runtime of the project
There are two specifics in Communication in Munich.
- The project area has a very diverse population.
- The main target group in energy (Holistic Refurbishment + District Heating & Renewable) are owners of local real estate, who have to be convinced to take part in the project. Therefore communication needs to outline the personal benefits for them and show possible options for their individual real estate stock.