District sharing boxes
Munich Data management platform & smart services
District sharing boxes are set up at two mobility stations, their access is integrated in the Munich SmartCity App. The boxes consist of cooling, refrigeration and room temperature compartments for companies and private users. Access is based on an integrated identity management and authorisation service and billing handled by a trusted entity, to guarantee the safe handling of personal data.
- Integrated chilled, non-chilled and frozen compartments enable deliveries of all groceries
- Clients can pick up their goods 24/7.
- Delivery services can use the district sharing boxes as a central logistics point, reducing the volume of delivery traffic on the roads.
- Local shops can deliver their products into the shared district boxes. They thereby help strengthen customer loyalty and support regional products.
- Local residents can share or exchange objects with neighbours, e.g. drilling machine, by giving the code to a friend or neighbour.
- Citizens as well as tourists can also use the box as lockers for anything they want to store or lock in
Chanfray Gym Hall
City of Lyon